Arconic Engineered Structures (AES) serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of forgings and extrusions. Our vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise in aluminum and titanium structural casting is taking the industry to new heights. This BU is also home to our suite of direct and hybrid additive offerings. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AES employs 6000 people in 6 countries at 30 locations. AES is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
Profile: Our Sr. Supply Chain Project Managers will partner with department leads to drive on time delivery through sustainable logistics processes. This position will plan, direct and coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service and planning services for supply chain projects. This position is in the succession plan for Supply Chain Manager.
Essential Functions: The Sr. Supply Chain Project Manager position within EP&S includes both creation of strategic vision and tactical management and execution, examples include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Transportation — Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires holding the Operations team accountable through daily execution to the plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure operational success.
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information — Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Must be willing to relocate and accept rotational placement in EP&S locations globally.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years minimum experience in supply chain management.
- 3 years minimum experience in aerospace and/or automotive manufacturing.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment. eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.