Sr Supplier Quality Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The internal Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Senior Quality Engineer is assigned to lead the APQP efforts following the AP-1235 Integrated Delivery and Product Support (IPDS) for new development programs. This position will support the Aerospace Flawless Launch Process and ensure that the APQP program requirements are established per AP-1750 and AP-1229 in the early phases of IPDS, and that the APQP methodologies and tools are used throughout the product development phases to meet the customer's quality requirements as well as meet Honeywell's expectations for product launch quality at Honeywell manufacturing sites. The scope of work includes leading, training, developing and monitoring product development teams that are engaged on New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and maintenance of Advanced Product Quality Plans aligned with the assigned NPI program cross functional teams. Monitor APQP status throughout the IPDS process.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers to explain the APQP process and approach.
- Coach development teams on and review product and process design related documents, such as DFMEAs, PMAPs, PFMEAs, MSA's and Control Plans throughout the IPDS process.
- Monitor product build performance, assisting design and manufacturing engineers in DFM and manufacturing process capability studies.
- Function as a liaison between engineering, manufacturing and supplier quality to support Flawless Launch activities.
- Audit IPDS Phase Exit packages for compliance to the APQP and Flawless Launch manufacturability requirements (PPM).
- Monitor, track and ensure completion of supplier APQP requirements related to Early Supplier Engagement (ESE) and PPAP.
- Develop and complete approval of the program specific APQP Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) checklist document (AF-0775), including submittal to customers for approval if required.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 10 years experience in Quality profession
- Six Sigma Green Belt required and proven problem solving competence using advanced problem solving and six sigma techniques.