Our manufacturing client in the Andover, MA area seeks a Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer to support operations by maintain supplier data including scorecard, updating supplier quality manual, supplier inspections, etc. The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer, working with the vendors/suppliers will develop corrective action plans to correct any process failings and drive improvement in quality and productivity.
Sr Supply Quality Engineer responsibilities:
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Engineering, Quality Engineering and Supply Chain internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Regularly visit suppliers and assist Supply Chain in conducting Supplier Audits.
- Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased part or product driven and present findings at QMS meetings.
- Perform or lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through containment phase of corrective action process.
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard
- Recommend suppliers for qualification and / or disqualification based upon quality performance.
- BS technical degree (Engineering or related discipline)
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing, metals and engineered components is required
- Background in Lean and/or Six Sigma? Green Belt certification preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9001, AS9100, TS16949
- Experience with PPAP and problem solving techniques
- Strong communications skills and computer office applications
- 50% travel? mostly domestic- some international
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus bonus and generous corporate benefits
Location: Southern NH/Northern MA