A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit?
Planning and Organization
Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate serious issues to manager.
Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ medical device experience in process/manufacturing/supplier engineering role
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong demonstrated performance for action and results orientation is critical.
- Demonstrated performance in establishing team goals with successful execution.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with strong technical capabilities and capable of handling multiple development elements of assigned projects.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in working with suppliers is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of statistical methods and six sigma methodologies
- Previousexperiencein designing or qualifying assemblies or components.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 421348