$90K — $120K *
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Use your advanced knowledge of the Industry and manufacturing Technology fundamentals of Healthcare to help Honeywell SPS deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. The Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) will work with a global team and along the side of some of the world's most talented engineers; the SDE position will work in a team environment as a key technical resource for the Global Sourcing organization to develop new supply sources and to improve existing supplier capabilities. Responsibilities will include cross-functional program management to qualify new suppliers, develop new suppliers, take NPIs through launch, increase capacity, support systemic supplier improvement, and resolve major supplier performance issues. Candidate must have in-depth technical expertise in Healthcare manufacturing and have comprehensive experience with problem-solving tools.
Interface with Global Sourcing teams to prioritize supplier development needs by commodity to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints.
Research external market information and entrepreneurial companies to identify potential sources and suppliers.
Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes and program manage implementation of supplier within internal team.
Use your technical expertise and experience to assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment.
Drive supplier improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, advanced APQP tools, supplier scorecards and supplier assessments.
Ensure supplier compliance while driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver performance.
Drive business value by developing positive relationships with internal stakeholders and working closely with Global Sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transitions.
25-35% Travel Required
You Must Have:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of experience in Healthcare manufacturing and assembly
· 3+ years managing and developing suppliers
· Experience in ISO 13485 & GMP
· Extensive experience in development and manufacturing of Healthcare products and processes
· Knowledge of auditing/ implementation of ISO 13485, GMP and FDA CFR approval processes
· Advanced knowledge of APQP, Process.
· Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Solid understanding of various manufacturing techniques.
· Advanced interpersonal skills managing supplier relationships
· Proficiency in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time.
· Black Belt, Lean certification knowledge of tools such as DOE, DFM is preferred.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Valid through: 7/12/2021