McDermott has an immediate opening for a Senior Subcontracts Specialist with Oil & Gas experience. The Senior Subcontracts Specialist will administer activities associated with contracts for services, purchase of equipment, materials, or products for a project. Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities.
- Administer Subcontract functions for a project.
- Participate in or lead subcontract management strategy development and implementation.
- Provide guidance on subcontract management matters to site leadership and home office personnel.
- Prepare and present internal and external subcontract management presentations.
- Manage / explain contracting policies and procedures to requestors on respective projects.
- Review standard subcontracts to ensure compliance with contracting policy prior to execution.
- Direct development of subcontracts and processes.
- Ensure proper handling of subcontracts, support documentation and related files.
- Participate in internal self-audits of the subcontracting process.
- Development of procedures as required.
- Prepare subcontracting activity reports.
- Maintain direct liaison with filed Subcontract Coordinators to ensure proper administration.
- Preparation of Project specific flow-downs from the project’s prime contract.
- Minimum 7 years Subcontracts experience
- Minimum 3 years Subcontracts experience in O&G industry
- Must have Field experience
- Strong knowledge of subcontract policies and processes.
- Proven ability to develop, negotiate and administer complex subcontracts and related policies
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prioritizing multiple tasks, monitoring progress, and managing efforts to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in a multifunctional team
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance with subcontracts and policies
- Experience with bid process and bid evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.