The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Sr. Structural Project Engineer in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The ideal candidate would bring extensive experience successfully designing transportation projects and specifically have a track record with UDOT. This individual would lead and coordinate structural design efforts for DOT services, including, but not limited to, preliminary and final bridge design, box culvert design, retaining wall design, and bridge load rating.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts. Responsible for gross revenue of $1-$2M.
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for production of structural designs, load ratings, quantities, cost estimates, construction administration, and final specifications.
- Provide coordination of project execution and control on structural design projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design
- Accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects
- Coordinate efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort
- Serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
10 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 10 years of experience in Bridge Design
- PE ore SE preferred
- Experience with UDOT preferred
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD design and bridge load rating.
- Experience with AREMA bridge design.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
Job ID 1017-17124