Sr. Structural Engineer
The Sr. Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Sr. Engineer’s perform engineering design and analysis on complex or unique problems and coach/develop less experienced engineers, designers, and drafters. The Sr. Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Provides leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Discipline Lead on complex, multi-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Able to manage a team of engineers and designers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Structural or Civil engineering is required
- EIT certification or PE license is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience performing engineering analysis and design functions
- Current project management skills and experience in Industrial Marketplace such as Petroleum Refineries, Specialty Chemicals, Power, Food and Manufacturing Industries.
- Experience with design of steel and concrete structures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of appropriate design codes (AISC, ACI, ASCE, International Building Code (IBC), OSHA etc.)
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.