Realsoft Inc. a Talent Acquisition firm that engaged me , a recruiter who only "listens" to your needs has a client, who is in need of a Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager for the following project
Support Commercial Functions/Stakeholders (Marketing, Commercial Operations, Managed Markets, and Sales) in supplier selection and management. Responsible for development and execution of Category Plans for assigned categories, spanning the following:
- Marketing and Advertising (Creative, Digital, Media Buying etc.)
- Scientific and Medical Communication (KOLs, Advisory Boards)
- Commercial Technology (Software and Services)
- Marketing Consulting Services (Strategy, Launch Management)
- Patient Services (Co-pay cards, Benefits Investigation, Adherence Programs)
- Contracted Sales Support (Tele and Field Sales Reps)
- Market Research and Insights (Syndicated Data, Primary Research, Analytics)
- Print and Promotional Products
Responsible for category management. Specifically:
- Develop Category Strategy - Review spend, contracts, utilization, and business needs. Research competitive landscape for supplier capabilities. Identify opportunities for improvement, spanning, deal structures, cost, innovation, quality, service and delivery.
- Develop and manage Category Plan – Align on category strategy with stakeholders and develop plan for execution. Plan to encompass strategy and scope for MSA renewals, SoW reviews, consumption optimization, and sourcing initiatives. Develop business case identifying risk and reward. Define timelines, project scopes, outcomes. Obtain buy-in from sponsors. Provide quarterly updates to plan to sponsors.
Responsible for leading the source to contracts process. Specifically:
- Project Management: Develop project charter, determine team/key stakeholders, develop project plan, assign tasks to team, and provide timely updates.
- Sourcing Strategy: Ensure alignment with category strategy and plan, determine business requirements with budget owners and cross functional stakeholders, vet competitive landscape and identify suppliers based on business needs, determine sourcing strategy and process – RFx, eAuction, determine deal structure based on client's needs.
- Sourcing Execution: Draft and issue RFP, facilitating Q&A/supplier conference, develop scorecard, evaluate proposals from commercial and contractual perspective, site visits/reference checks, negotiate with suppliers, work withcontracts/legal to finalize agreements (MSA, SOWs).
The individual must have the following experience and skills:
- Ability to understand business drivers, impact of service's consumed across all functions, by way of total cost and service levels – quality, delivery, etc.
- Strong understanding of competitive landscape at least a couple of categories listed above.
- Demonstrate expertise in strategic sourcing and category management.
- Ability to develop relationships across all levels in the organization by earning trust and credibility through excellence in execution.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and gain alignment across functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrate expertise in driving change as a change agent
- Demonstrate critical thinking versus transactional execution in all aspects of work.
- Act as a SME for Strategic Sourcing in assigned categories.
- The individual must have strong leadership skills including a demonstrated commitment to build consensus, share information and communicate clearly.
- Set Strategic Direction for assigned cross-functional sourcing programs through collaborative development of Strategic Sourcing initiatives and Category Plans
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Monitor the external environment; identify trends / new operating models.
- Conduct industry deep dive analysis to support client with commercial understanding of the market place & provide proactive insight to long term potential sourcing strategies (3+ years).
- Identify sourcing best practices and collaborate with cross functional team members to ensure practices are applied.
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing review meetings with key external partners regarding performance, relationship management and best practice sharing.
- Determine key metrics for supplier performance management and facilitate quarterly reviews with stakeholders.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 - 7 years strategic sourcing experience, MBA strongly preferred.
Submit candidates with required skills mentioned below.
- CATEGORY MANAGEMENT
- CATEGORY PLANS
- CHANGE AGENT
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT