you passionate about building, maintaining and improving infrastructure
services? Do you want to work with leading server, SAN storage, and
virtualization software technology that supports over 2,000 virtual
machines running on over 100 physical servers? Would you like to share
our experiences by working closely with our vendor partners to improve
their products and solutions? If so, let's talk about you joining our
team as a Senior Virtualization and Storage Engineer.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- will work with enterprise tools that support the university wide
- virtual machine, virtual desktop and, virtual application environments.
- You will use existing monitoring tools and develop new tools to maintain the overall health of the infrastructure.
- When problems arise, you will diagnose and identify the root cause of any failures including performance reductions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience managing a storage and virtualization infrastructure
- Experience administering Linux and/or Windows systems
- Experience administering Virtual Desktop and Application administration tools
- Scripting or programming experience, particularly automating administrative tasks
- Superb communication, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team to tackle problems and build innovative solutions
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience with project delivery; leading multi-functional teams or contributing as part of a team
- Experience with the use and operation of public cloud services
- skills and expertise of computer networking and networking support
- services, especially with virtual and cloud environments
- Deep understanding of cyber security, including policy, compliance, and network security controls.