Oversee and manage contractor resources and managed services for Open Systems "SAN and NAS" management as well as Mainframe Storage. Taking the Lead position with various internal teams in order to assess their requirements and design a viable solution, including direct access storage devices (DASD) and file allocation, system managed storage, backup/restore and disaster recovery.
- · Oversee and manage contractor resources and/or managed services for Open Systems "SAN and NAS" management as well as Mainframe Storage. This includes resources managing all aspects of the SAN and NAS environment including understanding host zoning on the SAN directors and switches, LUN masking, Network File Systems and CIFFS while tracking storage usage across the SAN and NAS environment. Maintaining MF system managed storage (DFSMS) environment including automatic class selection (ACS) routine changes; data movement via DFDSS; maintaining ACS constructs (data classes, management classes, storage classes, and storage groups); allocating additional DASD storage as requested; reclaiming unused DASD. Ensure support of all storage devices including SAN directors, switches and storage hardware (SAN, NAS, and Enterprise Storage Subsystem/Mainframe DASD); scheduling and planning critical firmware and software upgrades; planning and scheduling hardware expansions and refreshes; coordinating hardware/software/firmware upgrades with vendors’ technical representatives; coordinating upgrades with other internal and external groups when downtime is necessary in order to minimize exposure.
- · Must be able to take the lead for all SAN and NAS storage related development and architecture. Work with various internal teams in order to assess their requirements and design a viable solution. Must understand the technical aspects of a given storage needs and be able to ascertain how that requirement fits into the enterprise’s SAN/Storage infrastructure.
- · Storage Planning and Capacity:
- o Monitor the storage environment and use trend analysis to plan for future SAN/Storage growth. Analyze SAN and NAS health and evaluate new ways to improve the integrity of the storage environment. Provide solutions for SAN/NAS Storage reporting: Produce reports which accurately detail the SAN/Storage landscape. Based on reporting, provide recommendations to management in order to maximize efficiencies in the storage landscape. Work closely with the IPS Dept in coordinating storage purchases and contract related work.
- · This position maintains full autonomy and takes the lead in setting goals and ultimately provides recommendations to the management team regarding applicable
- · Projects and/or programs. This position serves as subject matter expert for all SAN and NAS related issues with minimal direction from management
- · Oversee and manage contractor resources and/or managed services for all NAFTA TSM BUR and MF BUR environments. Ensure support and daily activities related to BUR administration for almost 2000 clients and MF. Ensure support of TSM server infrastructure and MF BUR systems including Data Domain virtual tape libraries, manage data policy, RTO, RPO and provide audit deliverable. Provide architectural solutions for all BUR environments and participate in virtual competency teams.
- · Collaborate with Disaster Recovery team members to Design, implement and maintain a business continuity plan for all Mainframe and Distributed systems. Continuously plan and execute biannual recovery tests of the production environment. Manage transfer of data on removable media to offsite recovery location. Review test results and apply necessary changes to the recovery plans. Engage in regular exchange with experts in similar function to learn, adopt and continuously improve.
Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in:
- · Computer/Information Science
- · Information Technology
- · Management Information System (MIS)\
Must have 5 - 7 years (total) of experience in the following:
Administration - Knowledge of administrative procedures, process/project development, and system procedures.
Business Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, human resource management and efficiency and process methods.
Processing - Knowledge of processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
Purchasing - Knowledge of acquisition techniques that minimize costs for products or services
Risk Management - Knowledge of fundamental business practices, concepts and techniques to protect and preserve assets and/or minimize/control loss, such as avoidance, loss prevention and reduction, retention, grouping of exposure units, and transfer. Should include knowledge of fidelity, surety, liability, property, and group related policies and coverages.