Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Independently, the Senior Statistical Analyst I will review study protocol, statistical analysis plans, CRFs and edit check specifications; work with biostatisticians and clinical staff to generate data tables, figures and listings; write and document programs; perform ad hoc programming; and perform QC tasks. May lead a small programming team with 1-3 analysts on a project.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provide input to protocol, CRFs, edit check specifications and statistical analysis plans.
- Set up study folders and programming environment
- Generate or validate table programs
- Create or validate analysis datasets
- Work with Statistician to write table specifications
- Perform adhoc programming
- Perform complex data checking for Data Management group
- Document programs and specifications
- May lead a small programming team with effective communication skills
- Be able to provide guidance to less experienced statistical analyst and provide SASÒ code trouble-shooting
- Be able to modify existing macros or create new project specific macros
- Provide accurate and timely answers to routine questions from clients
- Communicate an understanding of basic clinical principles for his/her project and acts in accordance with those principles.
- Be able to solve simple issues independently
- Inform supervisor or manager on important issues in a timely manner.
Education / Experience Required:
BS or BA with 6+ years or MS with 4+ years of related work experience