We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The team is responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and ongoing support of the firm’s Data Center Distributed Fabric. This group works closely with the other technology verticals, automation, workflow and operation teams to ensure our current architecture is deployed as well as our Next Generation distributed fabric.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities include overall platform certification with essential common software. It also includes responding to audit requests. The position is responsible for standards on the windows server environment across the entire firm.
What you have:
7+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience with certification and release of new versions of Windows Server;
- Experience with patch management tools like SCCM; SCCM 2012 preferred;
- Mid-Level Experience with Windows server building, deployment, troubleshooting;
- Deploying and troubleshooting Windows Server, complex computing platforms, and/or cutting-edge technologies involving virtualization, distribution, and high availability;
- Solving problems (File Monitor, Performance Monitoring, Packet Sniffing, Process Monitoring, Event Log monitoring, etc.
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of configuration and security settings on servers in a multi-domain environment;
- MS Clustering – in depth knowledge of multi-node clustering a plus;
- Experience with in depth technical audits;
- Basic host level network troubleshooting experience;
- Experience with large scale datacenter design and operations;
- 2-3 years of experience with the following:
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMware);
- Experience working with physical infrastructure (i.e. Dell / HP);
- Experience with Microsoft .Net, IIS, configuration, maintenance and security.
- Experience utilizing PowerShell to automate common functions;
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments;
- Experience managing large technical projects a plus.
- Participate in departmental on-call rotation;
- Experience with Remedy, or another similar ticketing system is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life