Title: Sr. Staff Web Developer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Duration: Full time Permanent
The Web Development Engineer is responsible for technical aspects of designing, implementing, testing Client's Financial Trading, Investing and Banking Web Products. This is an individual contributor role with engineering ownership in complex client side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in designing and shipping the product.
- Design and develop highly reliable, scalable, extensible, maintainable, global, and operable products and platforms.
- Draft and review design diagrams, interface specifications, class structures, and other design documents.
- Build systems that balance resources, constraints, requirements, and complexity
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices developed with the organization
- Participate in a network of engineers to share ideas, practices, and experiences
- Work closely with product management and development teams
- You must enjoy challenging engineering problems. We are looking for someone who can solve complex issues.
- 7+ years’ experience
- Expert in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployments
- Expertise in Single Page Application, Rich Internet Application design and implementation
- Expert in Web Technologies (Apache, HTTP, SOAP, JSON, XML, RESTful APIs)
- Proficient in DOM API, AJAX Programming and build systems such as Grunt, Gulp
- Strong command in Cross browser debugging and unit, integration and performance testing of web applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with open source technologies and engaging with the community
- Familiar with SCRUM or similar agile methodology
- MS/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)