GE is the world's DigitalIndustrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the IndustrialInternet. The IndustrialInternet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digitalindustrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Role Summary: You will operate in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs, and convey that vision to the service’s scrum team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Essential Responsibilities:
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products
- Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
- Routinely collaborate with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions
- Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
- Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
- Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization gain the competitive edge
- Mentor junior team members; provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 10years of technicalexperiencealong with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to travel 5%