Our team builds state-of-the art healthcare applications that empower doctors, administrators, and patients in the healthcare delivery process. You will be responsible for the delivering high quality web-based EHR and Practice Management solutions as part of the Site Reliability team which runs our hybrid (public and private) cloud services. The Automation Engineer is responsible for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure automation. The Automation Engineer will also work closely with Software Developers, Product Owners, Project Management and Customer Support on new architecture and feature introductions.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing on improvements to infrastructure automation as we scale our systems to meet customer demand.
- Enhance and extend automation to improve speed, reliability and repeatability of infrastructure build outs.
- Identify relevant business metrics and implement real time monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, communicate and suggest improvements for site performance and reliability problems.
- Participate in performance and load test efforts.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the test environments.
- Mentor the team and individuals on automation best practices.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience with Linux.
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows.
- 5+ years’ experience with Networking.
- 5+ years’ scriptingexperience (Python preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience with automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- 5+ years’ experience with monitoring, alerting, trending, dashboarding tools (Nagios,DataDog,StatusPage,SumoLogic,ELK/EFK,Grafana,etc).
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, Memcache, Java applications.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with automating infrastructure software deployments/upgrades.
- Experience with Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence.
- Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs.
- Experience working in 24X7X365 SaaS environment.
- Experience working in a HIPAA/PHI environment.
- Experience with containers/Docker