The Supplier Catalog Engineering team develops applications that make it easy for Wayfair's suppliers to add or update their product catalog, including content and media, as quickly, completely, and accurately as possible, so that they can start selling their products to consumers and begin making money with Wayfair.
What You'll Do
- Own the portfolio of applications and platforms that enable Wayfair’s suppliers to manage their catalog of products.
- Be a strong voice for the Supplier Catalog Engineering team to the CTO and VP+ level.
- Work cross-functionally with other partners such as Engineering, Product, UX/Design, and other core areas of the business to envision the next generation end-to-end suppliers workflows.
- Develop multi-year vision and strategies that drive positive business outcomes, evolve our technical architecture, and improve our operational processes.
- Lead architectural design of new supplier-facing applications using client-side technologies (e.g., React, Redux/Apollo state management, Webpack, HTML5, CSS3, Less/Sass), server-side languages (e.g. Python, PHP, Java, C#), and infrastructure technologies (e.g., Docker/Kubernetes, Kafka, MSSQL/PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Elasticsearch).
- Provide technical oversight for a team of 30+ software engineers, advise teams about implementation best practices, and mentor colleagues.
What You'll Need
- A passion for UI, UX, and Design Systems and working with designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences across devices.
- Track record of successfully delivering strong business outcomes.
- Experience making architectural and design-related decisions for large applications, and understanding the tradeoffs between time-to-market vs. flexibility.
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers, and business stakeholders alike.
- Passion for mentoring and leading peer engineers.