- Design, develop and integrate optimized C/C++ software on Linux.
- Work on FPGA PCIe boards in a Linux environment.
- Bring up and debug devices and accelerators running on FPGA.
- Closely interact with FPGA design team and genomic SW teams.
- Work with software teams to ensure alignment of architecture to user requirements
- Occasionally provide technical assistance to escalated production issues
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software technologies to platform development efforts
- 8+ years of experience on pre-silicon platforms (emulation and FPGA).
- 10+ years of experience on low-level software (firmware, driver) on both pre-silicon and post-silicon targets.
- 8+ years experience with C/C++ development experience on embedded systems and/or Linux.
- Proficient/Expert in computer architecture.
- Proficiency with debugging low-level SW, embedded or Linux driver.
- Experience with SDLC process (in Git preferably).
- Proficient with source control management repositories (such as GIT, SVN, etc.) and CM practices
- Extensive experience writing high quality unit tests against mock objects
- Good understanding of object oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a fast-paced team environment and delivering high-quality software products using established agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.) against formal schedules
- 5+ yrs experience in developing software for Embedded Devices
- Experience in C++11
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.