Netskope Data Security engineers work on architecting, designing, and delivering highly effective, scalable, and high-performance solutions required for the next generation of data inspection.
Please note, this team is hiring across Staff, Sr. Staff, and Principal Engineer levels and candidates will be assessed and leveled based on skill and experience.
In this job you will:
- Design and develop features as part of the data security service offering.
- Use advanced data structures and algorithms in C, C++, Python.
- Analyze contextual data in real-time to provide security.
- Perform deep content inspection of traffic in near real time.
- Develop highly scalable software solutions.
- 7+ years of industry experience building high-performance, scalable, and secure dataplane services.
- Programming mastery in C++, C and Python.
- Passionate about data security and protecting sensitive and confidential data; Inspire out of the box thinking to solve challenging problems.
- Strong understanding of computer architecture – multi-threading, CPU scheduling, memory management.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures to implement real-time inline data processing.
- Experience and knowledge of TCP, SSL, HTTP, SMTP protocols and REST Services.
- Experience in network and web security technologies (firewalls, web security, IDP / IPS, DNS based security, etc.).
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows, and Mac OS and solid experience with at least one at the system level.
- Working knowledge of regular expression syntax and tools is a plus.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills using debuggers like gdb and tools like Valgrind.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in CI/CD using tools like Drone, Jenkins, or other similar technologies.
- Proponent of TDD a big plus, knowledge of various unit testing frameworks.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree required, MS strongly preferred