This position will be part of Digital Services Technology team at Schwab and we will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
Unleash your talents: what you're good at
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for all members of the team to ensure team and project success.
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks.
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business.
- Lead team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization's software products to QA, and ultimately to Production.
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages.
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
Engage your expertise: what you'll have
- Minimum of 10 years of solid backend development experience in C#/.Net
- Minimum of 5 years team leadership experience
- Expert with frameworks such as .NET, .NET Core, Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Expert in object oriented design, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Exceptional experience designing and implementing REST based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment.
- Strong experience in Cloud Native Applications and Micro Services Architecture
- Strong experience in building enterprise scale web solutions based upon n-tier architecture using open source technologies (Angular / React), Microsoft Web API, and SQL / No-SQL Databases.
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards, Guidelines and SOLID principles
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred
- Experience in developing applications using modern streaming technologies and protocols
- Independently plans own work and are accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
- Experience providing guidance, direction, and feedback to other technical staff in order to meet agreed upon objectives.
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment