We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Senior Security Engineer – Cloud Security Engineer will lead the design and development of the cloud securitytechnology for protecting client and intellectual data for all cloud/hybrid solutions for Schwab. This position will directly contribute to the overall Application and Data Protection program and lead cloud securitytechnology around cloud application and data monitoring, reporting and auditing controls.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Security Engineer – Cloud Security Engineer will serve as the central point of contact for Schwab Cybersecurity Services for otherTechnology teams within Schwab for technology related to cloud securityreporting and monitoring. The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communications skills required to partner withother leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risk and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect intellectual property and client data.
What you have:
- 8+ years of IT system administration experience is required, with strengths in the following technical areas: Operating systems and user administration (Windows and Linux); Scripting (e.g., Windows and Linux shell, VB, Python, Java, Perl); familiarity with MS-SQL, Oracle, DB2database queries; DNS and TCP/IPInternet and networking technologies within large distributed environments; requirements gathering, system analysis, system development, change management, and implementation.
- 5years experience with SecurityTechnologyEngineering
- Experience and an understanding of cloud service providers (CSPs) like Azure, Google, or AWS is desirable.
- Experienceworking with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs) and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of cloud securitytechnologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), networksecurity), within Saas, IaaS, Paas, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge or common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.)
- An understanding of the interactions between Cloud solutions and a Security Operations Center is desirable.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions
- Professional Information Security work experience (with SANS or CISSP certifications) is preferred; working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI and GLBA) is highly desirable.
- Ability to think independently, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex business and technical problems related to information risk.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong MS-Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Access are also required.
- Technical writing experience
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Talent Developer: Actively fosters the growth and development of individuals
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
Purpose Driven: Makes decisions that are aligned with “Through Clients’ Eyes” philosophy
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life