Sr. Staff Psychologist RESPONSIBILITIES
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides leadership and supervises the psychological component of the Comprehensive Weight Management Program.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, frequent gripping of an object.
• Frequent: walking and repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, lifting and carrying weight up to 30 pounds, reaching above, at, and below shoulder level, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Operates computers, psychological assessment equipment, telephones, tape recorders, and DVD/TV.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Requires ability to flex hours to meet department’s needs.
• Requires some outer island travel to conduct on/off island seminars and clinics.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, PsyD) in Psychology.
• Current Hawaii State license as a Psychologist.
• One (1) year post doctoral experience in professional psychology.
• Prior supervisory, training, and consultation experience.
• Prior research/grant experience.
• Previous hospital-based practice experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in psychotherapy, assessment, and clinical research.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting.