The Sr. Staff Production Engineer is a key leadership position for the site and guides the development of more junior engineers and operations staff. This position is considered high impact, and will manage production support engineering for the plant/site. The successful candidate will be “hands on” and will interface with design, process, test, and reliability engineering to solve problems, sustain products with cost reduction, and yield improvements.
- Provides production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production.
- Guide, mentor, and coach more junior engineers and operations staff.
- Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems.
- Acts in place of the Production Manager when Production Manager is on vacation or unavailable.
- Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements.
- Performs all conventional aspects of engineering work.
- Monitor daily operations, production rates and product quality.
- In collaboration with Process Control, develop process control strategy, maintain DCS code, and ensure that DCS data is maintained.
- Network with other Engineers internal and external to the company; leverage and share plant improvement learnings.
- Identify and evaluate EH&S risks.
- Perform incident investigations and participates in root cause analysis teams.
- Calculate final spill and release amounts.
- Work with Operations personnel on operating procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date.
- Communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel and leadership.
- Evaluates feasibility and economics of proposed projects.
- Resolves existing or potential production problems which are complex.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in relevant Petrochemical and/or Refining which includes heavy experience in Reactor / Distillation / Heat transfer.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects and teams to maximum productivity and completion.
- Demonstrates excellence in troubleshooting operating and maintenance issues, and formulating effective preventive strategies.
- Demonstrates ability to assimilate information and draw conclusions that are different from others and are likely to lead to operational success if implemented.
- Expertise and leadership in root cause failure analysis and preventive strategies.
- Demonstrates track record of mentoring and developing other people.
- Demonstrated support of business goals, company direction and policy decisions.
- Sets the example for others in areas of technical knowledge, productivity, initiative, and leadership in core values such as safety, environmental compliance, ethics and respectful treatment of people.