Senior Security Engineer within our Schwab Cybersecurity Services organization. Management of product and service life cycle, Engineering and tier 3 escalation support. Develops and designs new security solutions and integrates technologies into existing services to reduce risk and align business requirements with security standards. Delivers guidelines and best practices for managed security services based on security standards/policies. Provides customers with subject matter expertise, consultation and escalation support. Maintains and supports security technology infrastructures. Manages vendor relationship, maintains roadmaps and supports vendor escalations.
What you'll do:
Duties require an experienced product owner, who understands product lifecycle, certification and delivery. Responsibilities include Privileged Access Management Services and Engineering. Work closely with key stakeholders on elevation control policy evaluation, creation and distribution. Duties include system administration, lifecycle management, vendor escalation, managing and maintaining endpoint standards and controls. Additionally, responsibilities include customer consultation and request fulfillment, as well as; providing guidance and direction to consumers and support teams.
- Product lifecycle management
- Privileged elevation discovery, policy development & policy enforcement
- Consultation and SME prescriptive guidance to business partners and support teams
- Ability lead various projects at one time
- Mentor, train & develop teammates
- Vendor support and issues management
- The individual will be expected to assist support teams in establishing or enhancing their build, deploy, configuration management, and release engineering related activities.
- The individual is expected to contribute to Schwab's journey to mature our Continuous Delivery processes by establishing automated processes, streamlining build and deploy methodology, and improving our products & services.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of Linux administration, infrastructure engineering and support within an enterprise environment with at least 5,000+ users
- Working experience with PAM technologies
- Strong understanding of scripting and object oriented coding languages (PowerShell, Python, BASH/shell, Batch, VBS, VB, .NET)
- Must have a solid understanding and experience implementing industry standard security concepts and operational tools.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform and respond well in crisis situations
- Ability to set clear goals/direction and gather the necessary support from team members or vendors to ensure that these goals are met/followed
- Work well in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Configuration management: Ansibile, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef and/or Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator
Preferred experience will include:
- Working knowledge of SSL certificate management
- Working knowledge of relational and unstructured database management systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and Hadoop.