Highly visible growth opportunity for a Senior Staff Commercial Operations/Market Access Analyst responsible for supporting the US Payer Relations Team. Will partner closely with Strategic Account Management and Payer Marketing groups to evolve Dexcom's Managed Markets analytics to world class.
Functional Description: Professional Individual Contributor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies market access trends and analyzes prescriber plans, preferred positioning, and brand market share
- Analyzes and reports on pull-through strategies to measure effectiveness and lift of formulary changes
- Creates and maintains CGM Access Dashboards and Patient by Plan Type Analytics
- Includes Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid pay types
- National and State/Regional Views
- Perform access benchmarking vs analogues in diabetes industry
- Partners closely with Market Access and Account teams to provide actionable data at the national and account level viewpoints
- Supports queries on specific managed markets-related issues
- Perform Trade and Marketing Program ROI analytics
- Provides support on Market Share and Volume trending for Customer Business Reviews
- Ad-Hoc analytics support for Senior Leadership in Commercial, Finance, and Investor Relations
- High degree of Business Acumen
- E.g. Presenting to Senior Leaders, project management, and understanding Business impacts
- Healthcare Acumen
- E.g. Understanding of US Healthcare System and Payer Landscape (Commercial Payers, PBM's, Medicare and Medicaid).
- Experienced in managed care data and analytics at a Pharmaceutical Manufacturer, Private Insurer, or Pharmacy Benefit Manager
- Extensive knowledge of industry data sources such as: IQVIA or Symphony Claims, DRG Fingertip, IQVIA Formulary Impact Analyzer (FIA), and Breakaway Partners formulary
- Proficiency in Tableau desktop and server
- Understanding of statistical analysis techniques
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 13 + years of related experience. At this level a graduate degree may be expected with at least 6 years of related experience.
- Provides expertise and advice to guide the activities of a project. Generally has an advanced level of expertise and is capable of working on any project that would typically arise in the function. Viewed as expert in the field within the Major Function.
- Provides insight in the development of functional objectives utilizing broad expertise and knowledge.
- Works independently on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- May develop new approaches and applications of programs or systems to lead processes in new direction.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates independent decision making and use of good judgment.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- May oversee the activities of others.