$100K — $150K *
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
We are looking for a highly motivated packaging engineer capable of leading state-of-the-art Flip Chip technology projects. You will be responsible for advanced IC packaging development and new product introduction of leading-edge package technologies for mobile, IoT and connectivity market and driving that innovation into high volume manufacturing at assembly suppliers. Extensive knowledge and experience in Flip Chip package assembly process, materials, and equipment are required. The position also requires the following abilities:
Collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
Produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions.
Build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. Lead multi-functional teams and solve complex technical problems in working with multiple OSATs. Some international travel will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 7+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
- 15 years of experience in the development and high-volume manufacturing of advanced IC packages.
- Expertise in Flip Chip CSP packaging materials, assembly processes, equipment, and design rules.
- Technical project management skills (preferably involving off-shore factories).
- Able to work independently and lead multiple programs.
- Able to lead multi-functional teams to solve complex technical problems.
- Self-driven, passionate, and creative.
- Hands on experience in package manufacturing, experience in technical project management, and working first-hand with semiconductor material suppliers.
- Understanding industry packaging trends, end-user packaging considerations, and previous experience with high-end mobile consumer products.
- Proficiency in material and package characterization data analysis, and statistical data analysis.
- Knowledge of reliability test methods and qualification procedure.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Valid through: 9/28/2020