Sr Staff Fuels Engineer-EN - (207809)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced fuels related problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses superior knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and regulations. Functions with recognized industry-level of expertise in a technical area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform advanced nuclear engineering and technical tasks in support of nuclear plant operations.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects.
- Provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement nuclear engineering activities related to plant safety, reliability, maintainability, and availability ensuring compliance to customer's needs, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve problems.
- Provides initial or complete task management of nuclear engineering issues.
- Recommends new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify operations, reduce costs, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- Supports plant design modifications, testing and problem solving, as necessary.
- Assure all nuclear engineering products prepared or overseen are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, and all regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement and coordinate functional supervisory activities including, but not limited to, personnel, budgetary accountabilities and planning goals with respect to Nuclear Fuels personnel.
- B. S. degree in Nuclear Engineering or related science or Professional Engineering Registration
- Typically a minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and exceptional performance
- Placement into this classification requires VP, Nuclear Fuels approval
- Professional Engineering Registration, advanced technical degree or Coursework.
- QNE Qualification or SRO Certification, desired
- Possess superior technical expertise as either a multi-disciplined technical leader or as a specific discipline expert.
- Recognized as an Industry Expert in area or discipline.
- Performs independently in specialty area and actively imparts knowledge to others (established technical mentor).
- Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
Reactor Engineering Oversight
- Governance, Oversight and Support of Reactor Engineering activities. Oversee implementation of the Reactivity - Management Program. Utilize system indicators to monitor performance and make recommendations. Identify and pursue process and behavior improvements. Drive standardization of Reactor Engineering work practices. Provide technical support for various fuel industry and reactivity related activities and projects.
Fuel Vendor Oversight
- Develop and implement technical oversight program to assure excellence in fuel and core component in-reactor performance through sound fabrication processes. Conduct oversight activities of vendor fabrication processes and coordinates additional resources for supplemental oversight. Reviews vendor process changes to assure technical adequacy. Performs special projects and tasks related to nuclear fuel and core component design, fabrication, procurement and in-reactor performance.
Fuel Reliability Engineer
- Monitor, enhance, and implement fuel reliability programs processes and practices. Support field execution of fuel reliability activities. Manage and conduct technical evaluations in support of plant operating strategies, plant equipment and lost parts that may impact fuel and/or control components.
Safety Analysis Engineer
- Manage review and approval of all design inputs, assumptions and outputs relative to SA in support of reload cycle design. Conduct technical evaluations in support of reload cycle design and plant design changes that that impact NF.
NF Project Manager
- Perform PM related tasks as directed by VP or Director of NF in support of NF department goals and initiatives. Function as Mentor to other NF personnel in area of Project Management. Performs duties of a PM to ensure assigned activities are scheduled, tracked and completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Core Designer/Cycle Manager
- Coordinate, direct and/or perform reactor physics analyses required to load, license and operate a nuclear reactor core. Collaborate with the fuel vendor in running codes, selecting inputs and validating outputs used for the reload design and licensing documentation. Monitor core operations to ensure exposure and licensing assumptions are met. Follow reload process for reload meetings, special assignments, exposure accounting, cycle management reports and control blade/component management.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor