Reporting to the Firmware Manager of SSD Firmware Development Engineering, as a Staff Engineer for Toshiba Memory America Inc., you will be responsible for providing the technical capability in the creation and customization of Firmware for use in SSD products. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing firmware. This firmware activity can be at any point within in the product development life cycle and can range from implementing features and customizations to new product feature and product firmware based ideas. You will also be responsible for providing technical support to implement the development and quality assurance processes necessary to insure the firmware consistently and provides the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability, performance, and supportability to insure the products meet or exceed their design and customer targets.
- Design and develop new features and feature enhancement for SSD products
- Sustain and Enhance firmware features for current SSD products to meet customer requirements including but not limited to: Performance, Endurance, Functionality, Capacity, and Quality.
- Participate and contribute to firmwarearchitecture and design activities of new SSD products
- Interface and Collaborate with other areas of the SSD product such as hardware and quality assurance
- Interface with customers to collect and implement customer requirements.
- Proactively provide to Management, cross-functional team members, and the firmware team consistent, detailed, and properly summarized information regarding activities within the firmware development organization and status of firmware development projects
- 13 years' experience in the embedded systems development field
- 6+ years' experience with storage devices
- 3+ years’ experience with SSD Firmware Development
- Experience designing and developing firmware using C/C++ programming
- Experience in NAND operations, Flash Translation Layer, Flash Management Layer.
- End to End data path, and SoC system level experience
- Proficiency debugging embedded firmware applications
- Proficiency in using development tools
- The ability to analyze firmware and hardware issues
- Hands-on experience in firmware development and verification, system failure analysis, and problem solving
- A working knowledge of digital hardware design and test equipment such as In-Circuit Emulators (ICE) and logic/bus analyzers (highly desired but not required)
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Req # 1694