Reporting to the manager of SSD Firmware Engineering team, as a SSD Firmware Senior Staff Engineer for Toshiba Inc., you will be responsible for the design and development of firmware for use in SSD products. Where applicable, you will also work on the development of host software viz. OS drivers, tools etc. for the validation of the firmware and the hardware. You will be responsible for implementation of the development and quality assurance processes to make sure that the product provides the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability, performance, and supportability and meets or exceeds the design and customer targets.
- Candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for development of the Platform/OS layer of the SSD firmware.
- Candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for performance analysis and debug to meet the product performance goal.
- Candidate will work to enable peers and other teams in the common goal of creating a leading SSD product
- Candidate will work closely with the cross functional teams to define and accomplish the SSD product goals.
- Candidate will participate in the process of defining the overall SSD controller and Firmware architecture.
- Candidate will debug and resolve issues that are reported during the development and testing of the SSD product.
- Candidate will also work with validation teams to define, review test cases to ensure test coverage of the SSD product.
- Candidate will also work with customer service engineering in case any design bug is reported in the field and will use diagnostics/debugging tools to analyze the issue.
- Strong knowledge in C and System architecture
- 8+ years of strong hands-on experience in firmware development including design, development, hardware validation and debugging
- Familiarity with storage technologies, NAND management & Caching software
- Experience working with protocol analyzers.
- Experience working with POSIX programming and UNIX Shell, Perl and Python scripting
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Req # 1691