- Working across departments to solidify a vision for tools that effectively integrate into today’s organization while also being poised to meet Illumina’s growing needs.
- Building, maintaining, and improving an engineering body of knowledge including best practices, gold standards and training materials.
- Leading, mentoring, and training other engineers and teams in these engineering tools.
- Driving, leading and coaching teams through activities such as systematic problem solving, risk based decision making, and product and process characterization.
- Expertise in multiple of the following tools: 6-sigma, DFSS, 8D, DMAIC, FMEA, FTA, Lean, Critical Parameters Management (CPM), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly across departments and levels.
- Extremely good data analysis skills and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to motivate, organize, and influence without needing authority.
- Experience in innovative high tech environments with high rates of change.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing supporting, sustaining, and transferring products from R&D to production.
- Chemistry and biochemistry knowledge required.
- Previous successful team leadership roles required.
- FDA regulated production experience a plus.
- Organizational Change Management (OCM) experience a plus.
- Next Generation Sequencing experience a plus.
- Big dataexperience a plus.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Physical Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biomolecular Engineering, Biotechnical Engineering or related fields.
- BS/MS with 8+ yrs of industry experience.
- PhD with 3+ yr of industry experience.
- Six SigmaBlack Belt or Master Black Belt.