PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Staff Engineer, Global Configuration will have responsibility for defining and implementing the Global Software Configuration Management by coordinating with Global Software Teams to understand current tools and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead global projects to standardize tools and processes.
- Author SOPs and work instructions.
- SCM tool implementation and administration.
- Define and implement workflow process creation.
- Define the structure of the global software repositories ensuring the software can be reliably built, packaged and delivered.
- Define the branching/tagging strategy.
- Define and enforce security standards and permissions of the repository.
- Perform integration builds, compiling and tracking code changes.
- Work with engineering to develop scripts for compiling, packaging and deployment of products.
- Work with engineering to determine an appropriate build schedule.
- Building a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Implement process improvements.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Domestic and international travelrequired.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems; Advanced Degreepreferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 12years’ related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree with 8years’ experience; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- 10+ years of experience working in a formal SCM environment
- 10+ years of experience working for a multi-national corporation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understand SCM Methodologies
- Experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience building a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- Understand processes and procedures and ability to apply them to daily work independently
- Ability to author program Software Configuration Management Plans
- In-depth experience with versions control systems. Knowledge of JIRA, Perforce a plus.
Job ID 18000FN3