We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
Senior Staff Engineer
Senior Staff Engineer role will provide engineering support for complex system management activities related to system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. It will also provide technical input to management decision making in the areas of software, hardware, and performance. Responsibilities may include: defining networking requirements; performing detailed analysis of various projects and requests; developing designs for projects that have medium to high complexity; formulating procedures; monitoring key performance indicators; and implementing advanced business solutions. It may also integrate systems or operate in a DevOps model depending on the maturity of the organization and/or product.
Design & Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas & vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Investigate and propose strategic fits for virtualization, consolidation and rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business.
- Propose changes to the technical design solutions as applicable.
- Evaluate and align strategic fit solutions across platforms and solutions specific to system hardware and software technologies.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Provide client consulting and planning guidance as applicable for moderate to complex projects.
- Provide consultation and works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational/business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems.
Planning & Organizing
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology and provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
- Review, identify and manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis.
- Review, participate, develop and update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve highly complex design solutions for business and Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering or High School Diploma or GED and 12 years of technology experience
- 6 years of Money Transfer System Development and Architecture experience
- 6 years of Technology Experience
- 6 years of experience identifying technical solutions for complex business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
- 5 years of experience with Java/J2EE
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization.
8am to 5pm
Auburn Hills Technical Center
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.