The Digital Systems team is responsible for designing and architecting the electronic and software systems for the next generation vehicles with full autonomous driving capabilities, and also developing core components (including hardware, software, tools) from the ground up. Our mission is to innovate next-generation vehicle architecture and make it happen on mass produced vehicles.
- Design, Architect, and Deliver end-to-end Next Generation Systems Software, Frameworks and Tools related to Core functionality to NIO's Automotive Platform.
- Propose and socialize innovative yet practical software solutions and roadmap
- Deliver on technical documentation
- Be a significant contributor to digital architecture design for next-generation vehicles around autonomous driving, centralized compute, high speed data processing, and high efficiency & safety.
- Lead the design of scalable software platform (including vehicle operating system, hardware abstraction, middleware) for intelligent vehicles.
- Study key technologies related to Software Defined Vehicles, such as virtualization, redundant networking, robotic software frameworks.
- Follow industry trends and study competitors� technical stacks.
- Perform Proof of Concept implementation for new technologies or new designs.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand real-world constraints and help deploy new designs on mass produced vehicles.
- Promote common software paradigms and best coding practices to engineering teams.
- Mentor engineers across the greater engineering organization.
- 12+ years software development experience with a mix of embedded systems, BSP, OS frameworks, HAL and Middleware development with BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Technology degree.
- Established technologist with hands-on experience of Operating Systems frameworks development and networking.
- Hands-on experience designing and building middleware for complex distributed systems.
- Strong systems thinker.
- Deep understanding of real-time systems and embedded devices.
- Experience with prototyping and socializing your technical ideas.
- Experience with architecture design tools.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently on different levels to a different audience.
- Great people skills.
- Ability to influence and socialize technical ideas across the engineering organization.