As a member of the BD Biosciences San Jose ElectricalEngineering Research & Development team, you will be responsible for the design and support of sophisticated medical instrumentation. This equipment includes technology from every major area of science and engineering.
The ElectricalEngineering Research & Development team is responsible for high-speed cell analyzers and sorters that are designed to include lasers, detection electronics, fluidics, power supplies, extremely low-noise analogcircuits, high-speed data acquisition and moderndigital data transfer protocols with FPGAs and high bandwidth communication protocols.
We are looking for a Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer with a thorough understanding of high speed digital design, an experienced talent in designing data acquisition systems with FPGAs for high speed data transfers up to 12.8 Gbps. In this position, you will be providing high quality designs and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
The ideal candidate has an extensive experience in designing high density and high speed PCB boards up to 24 Layers. The design experience is comparable to computer motherboards including High density BGA designs, DDR4 memory bus transfers, PCIe data transfers and JESD204B.
A Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer’s primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in the new product development efforts from concepts to implementation.
- Drive circuit and hardware design phases including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies into life sciences based instrumentation.
- Collaborate on complex designs involving FPGAs and high speed data acquisition protocols
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including software, mechanical design and system engineering
- Bachelordegree in ElectricalEngineering, MSEE Preferred
- Minimum 15years of experience as an Electrical Engineer designing high speed digitalcircuitry on complex high density printed circuit board assemblies including processors and microcontrollers and high density FPGAs.
- Proven track record leading small teams of design engineers to successfully complete design deliverables
- Large pin count Xilinx 7-Series FPGA’s (Virtex, Kintex, Artix, Zynq)
- Xilinx High-Speed serial Transceivers (GTP, GTX, GTH)
- Power Sequencing of Xilinx 7-Series FPGA’s
- DDR3, DDR4, NAND FLASH, NOR FLASH, SD Cards, eMMC
- High-Speed ADC’s and High-Speed DAC’s
- JESD204B , PCIe, Ethernet, USB, UART, SPI, I2C
- High Speed clock designs
- DX designer, Pads Layout, Pads AMS or equivalents Spice modeling, HyperLynx, SI and PI, Models and libraries for simulations.
- Great understanding of Product life cycle management, Six Sigma, DFM, DFT and DFR.
- Strong digital and analogcircuit design background that includes: FPGAs, microprocessors, high-speed data acquisition systems, system and board level simulation, and experience with building blocks for modular systems.
- Strong design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable working in a matrix team environment and under time pressures.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
Job ID R-24486