We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr Staff DBA will provide technical leadership as a member of Hosting Services Mainframe DB2 DBA Team. As a Senior DBA you’ll contribute to all matters related to the DB2 application database and z/OS operating system platform and related program products. You’ll have an opportunity to change organizational behaviors and influence key stakeholders through partnering and application database consulting.
What you’ll do:
• Lead DB2Database design and engineering
• Application development and maintenance testing support
• Replication support
• Performance design participation
• Production object staging and implementation
• Mentor less senior DBA’s
• Participate in a full production (24x7) on-callsupport
• Function as a team leader of a small team
Additionally, you’ll provide code and SQL review, object version change management, database testing and production operational management. Working as part of an exciting team you’ll contribute to the future technology direction for this team and organization.
What you have:
• 5+ years in DB2 for z/OS technology performing DBA related duties
• DB2Database Administration technical experiencerequired running on z/OS platform in a parallel Sysplex environment
• Proven experience with database design, Replication support, application testing support, SQL coding, DB2 utility (e.g.; backup and recovery), performance design skills, production DB installation and optimization, production monitoring and tuning, and Stored Procedures and Distributed processing.
• REXX and ISPF script languages required.
• Effective problem determination and resolution skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills with an ability to influence
• Demonstrated change management skills
• Demonstrated small team leadership skills
• Demonstrated mentoring skills
• Ability to multi-task, work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to provide quality client support
• Web application knowledge and BMC tools knowledge/experiencepreferred.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life