$150K — $200K *
Renesas is a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators
The candidate will participate in the entire product development cycle of Renesas’ high performance, low power consumption DC/DC regulators for a wide range of IoT, industrial, infrastructure and consumer power applications. Primary responsibilities will include:
• customer support (including on-site support) to analyze, debug and resolve issues quickly.
• new silicon validation and characterization (hands-on work in the lab)
• developing technical documentation (e.g. datasheet, application notes, and design guidelines)
• design evaluation kits – schematic design, board layout, software/GUI development
• product promotion and design-in support, as well as support for sustaining products
• contribute to the definition of innovative and differentiated products
• failure analysis support
• competitive analysis
• system level testing and characterization
• work closely with local and remote teams (FAE’s, design, test / product engineering, marketing) to perform the tasks listed above
Self-motivated, passionate individual, comfortable delivering to a deadline in a fast-paced environment. Ability to analyze, debug, and solve a wide variety of problems. Understands importance of customers and strives to provide timely support. Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with operational amplifiers, analog/mixed signal, and power management ICs topologies, circuits, and applications. Ability to create and maintain strong customer relationships, and to attend and actively engage in high profile meetings with key customers. Work across time zones with a worldwide team. Take ownership of project tasks and responsibilities – plan and execute to meet project milestones and deadlines, and customer deliverables.
• Prior experience as an application engineer in the semiconductor industry or board level electronic design engineer
• Understanding of analog, mixed signal, and power electronics and systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understand DC/DC buck, boost, buck-boost, charge pump, LDO converter topologies
• Very good knowledge of control theory, closed loop compensation, stability analysis, phase margin, etc.
• Proficient with product characterization equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies, electronic load, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer and function generator.
• PCB design (OrCad, Cadence) for switching regulators and high-speed amplifier IC evaluation and demonstration boards: circuit design, schematic capture, layout, component selection
• Programming and laboratory automation experience (e.g. C/C++, VB6, VB.NET, LabVIEW, Python)
• Circuit modeling and simulation tools -SIMPLIS/SIMetrix, Cadence, Spice
• Familiarity with multi-phase DC/DC regulator architectures is highly desirable
• Familiarity with analog circuits and/or IC design including op-amps, DACs, ADCs, LDOs is desirable
The candidate should have MSEE + 12 years of industry experience in power management IC or related applications engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Valid through: 12/12/2021