We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Enterprise Architecture team is looking for a solutions architect to be the technology leader for Schwab’s Application Portfolio Management system, which is crucial to our IT management and risk management functions. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and technical experience who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to simplify and coordinate complex business requirements and design and deliver an end-to-end technology solution is key to success in this role.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze business requirements, evaluate architecture alternatives, and design technical solutions consistent with our technology strategy, including security, user interfaces, data models, data interfaces, dashboards, and solution roadmap.
- Design, program, debug, configure and modify the Application Portfolio Management (APM) system, currently using Planview Troux and custom software.
- Manage application development activities of the team using Agile practices and tools including JIRA and Confluence.
- Manage business requirements and stakeholders, including issue management, schedule management, periodic analysis and reporting of status, and facilitating stakeholder and user forums and training sessions.
- Own business and process stakeholder engagement and ongoing planning.
- Act as primary SME for the use of the data in the APM system and integration of critical business processes dependent upon this data.
- Communicate with all levels of management and staff, and author and update documentation with a user-centric perspective.
- Manage system use including resolution of implementation and rollout issues, responding to user inquiries and issues, facilitating data attestation and data quality activities, reviewing and approving access and license requests.
- Respond to production support issues as needed.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
- 8+ years professional experience in software development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Requirements solicitation and management
- Translating requirements into a design
- Design implementation including product configuration and custom code
- All aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Production implementation and support
- Participation in all review and governance activities
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders
- Track record of being a detailed oriented self-starter
- Experience and strong fundamental knowledge in one or more object-oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience and strong fundamental knowledge in one or more types of relational database management systems (RDBMS) with SQL and stored procedures (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Agile development management experience, JIRA experiencepreferred
- Conceptual and practical familiarity with Application Portfolio Management processes, and objectives.
- Experience with Planview Troux is valuable but not required.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life