Airgas, Inc. the nation’s leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies has a Senior Accountant position available for our Lawrenceville, GA location. Airgas offers growth opportunities along with competitive salary range dependant on background and skill level, with an exceptional bonus program, and an extensive company. This position reports directly to the Business Unit Controller.
Overview: The purpose of this role under general direction of the Controller for the business unit is to assist in the day to day accounting duties for the business unit. These roles will include (but not limited to) month end closing, fixed assets, account reconciliations, expense analysis and special projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in the day to day accounting operations of business unit
- Assist with month end closing of business unit. Prepare journal entries, accruals, re-classes and variance analysis. Current Corporate guidelines are set at a tight 1-2 day calendar close.
- Completion of account reconciliations for accounts of business unit.
- Interacts and coordinates with Gas Ops accounts receivable, cash application, and accounts payable teams.
- Work with corporate accounting to process fixed additions, retirements, transfers, and related tasks.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset reports including capital expenditures vs. budgeted amounts.
- Responds to requests for information, internal and external.
- Assist in compliance with all regulatory filing and reporting requirements.
- Support acquisition integration activities and analyses as requested
- Assist with year-end internal/external audit requests as well as field audits throughout the year.
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Ability to travel as job requirements necessitate
- Required to make a variety of decisions, some complex in nature, with concern for impact on others, but predominately affecting own area of control.
- Provides and implements workable solutions to business issues / problems.
- Conducts work planning, estimation and prioritization to optimize performance of group / resources.
- Manages effective internal / external client relationships within own area of responsibility, and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit.
- Assist with various FP&A work and other ad hoc reporting.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Oracle General Ledger Process Inquiry and Functionality
- Hyperion Reporting and Functionality
- SAP a plus but not required
- 7+ years of progressively responsibleexperience in accounting
- General Ledger and Financial Reporting System preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, supporting closing process, and extracting data
- Budgeting (including performing account and activity variance analysis)
- Manufacturing or unit costing experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills preferred
- Must be able to work extended hours/weekends during ME close process
Other Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of fixed asset accounting and reporting requirements
- Chemicals – Industrial, Manufacturing environment
- General Finance and Accounting
- Accounts PayableAccounting
- Fixed Assets Accounting
- Month and Year-End Close
- Gathering and Analyzing Data
- Finance/Accounting Systems
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Oracle GL Application 11i
- Hyperion Enterprise Application (including retrieve Hyperion toolset)
- Oral Communication – effectively present information to associates and middle management.
- Written Communication – prepare reports and analyses that conform to a prescribed style and format.