Job Title: Sr. SQL Database Engineer
Location: Miami, FL
Duration: 12 months
1. Executes project and internal initiative responsibilities as assigned or delegated. Primary emphasis will be on the installation of SQL Server using best practices and the migration of databases from legacy versions (2005/2008) to current operational standards.
2. May be asked to support day to day operational duties for the database platform such as service requests and tickets, backups, monitoring, performance tuning, system troubleshooting, and other tasks as assigned or expected for DBAs. Responsibilities will include a significant amount of emphasis on performance tuning and system troubleshooting.
1. Advanced knowledge related to the administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of SQL Server database servers and associated infrastructure.
2. Advanced ability to troubleshoot and understand performance implications between major system components ( i.e. Storage Performance Troubleshooting, Network Component and Client Connectivity)
3. Advanced knowledge of resources available and demonstrated ability to use the resources for problem determination, product enhancements and other technical issues related to Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft stack (Active Directory, MS Clustering, etc.).
4. Advanced knowledge of platform specific advanced database features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ETL, replication), and performance optimization of both database server configuration and SQL code
1. Very good people skills. Enhances our unit and department image when dealing with our customers, peers and other areas.
2. Is team oriented and solicits input from the team in developing quality solutions and recommendations
3. Very good oral and written skills. Able to communicate technical information verbally and written, in a clear and concise manner.
4. Will be actively involved in dealing with our customers and business partners in the follow-up and resolution of problems and issues.
5. Keep Manager and all team members well informed.
1. Plans well. Makes extra effort to complete tasks on time.
2. Demonstrates strong ability to think ahead, anticipating problems and then avoiding them.
3. Does whatever it takes to get the job done to support our environment.
4. Has very strong dependability, takes responsibility.
5. Has strong sense of urgency and ownership.
Consistently delivers results and gets tasks done in a timely manner.