Our client, a partner to other businesses to be the Edge in Product Support. We are successful when we exceed the expectations of our employees, owner, customers, and vendors as their partners.
Our Vision is to provide global leadership by partnering with dealers to supply the products they need and an integrated suite of solutions that connects equipment, customers, dealers and the OEM.
Our client is looking for a Senior SQL Database Developer:
- Design, build, implement, and maintain SQL databases, data warehouses, interfaces, and SSIS/SSRS to meet the company's requirements for availability, performance, scalability, and security.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, best practices, and industry trends. Research and evaluate new technologies/practices for applicability. Coordinate activities with Network Admins, Application Developers, Business Analysts and outside vendors.
- Design and develop new database physical and logical structures and assess for new application functionality.
- Maintain data availability for applications that are running 24x7
- Tuning queries and stored procedures for scalability and performance
- Work with application developers on overall application design and architecture
- Evolve database structures to improve access and maintainability where necessary
- Improve server-to-server integration systems with business partners (publications, FTP, web services, .xml interfaces, APIs, etc.)
- Document database processes and work with network administrators to plan for back-up, recovery, and high availability
- Monitor and improve system health
- Utilize database source control tools and best practices.
- Follow GDPR and JSOX compliance requirements
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Job Experience: 5+ years
- Experience working with MS SQL Server
- Experience with Azure SQL, Managed Instance, Data Factory, C#, and PowerShell beneficial
- Experience modeling data and designing enterprise database architectures
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design
- Experience with SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with Power BI beneficial
- Understanding of middle tier applications consuming data, specifically .NET and web services
- Experience with data archival strategies and reporting optimization
- Experience with database unit testing
- Experience with both normalized and de-normalized data
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology beneficial
- An ideal candidate would be a self-starter who is passionate about user experience and driving business value through technology.