Sr. SQL Database Administrator
8 - 10 years experience • Databases
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Senior Database Administrator will work with the IT and Application Development teams at a growing healthcaretechnology company to create databasearchitecture to accomplish the requirements and goals for their SaaS based ROI platform software.
The development environment intense and stimulating, valuing creativity, initiative, and collaboration among developers and with the larger organization, while also demanding the discipline to adapt to coding conventions and working practices conducive to rapid development in a small/medium organization.
· Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices.
· Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements.
· Write and troubleshoot complex stored procedures.
· Oversee the maintenance, configuration, and implementation of everything that has to do with databases. This includes the replication, backup, storage, access and partitioning of databases.
· Smooth and efficient installations, configurations, troubleshooting, and maintenance of database systems.
· Determine who should have what permissions and privileges within the system to define who can access and control what information.
· Work closely with programming staff on database design changes to meet business requirements.
· Responsible for monitoring and tuning of SQL Server infrastructure and performance.
· Develop deep understanding of overall enterprise data model and relationships.
· Assist developers with writing and tuning queries.
· Assist with enterprise reporting needs, both through performing ad hoc queries, as well as developing better reporting tools and procedures.
· Oversee data migration, refactoring, and redesign projects, to keep database nimble and avoid spaghetti database structures.
· Work with CTO and developers on architectural decisions and implementation.
· Work with 3rd party consultants as needed when specific expertise is not a competency (such as when migrating to new SQL Server instance, or choosing new infrastructure components.)
· When not installing or maintaining new database systems, senior database administrator must monitor and optimize current systems to ensure quality system performance (by utilizing index tuning, disk optimization, and various other methods that are appropriate.)
· Prepares timely status reports.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Expert in database design.
· Familiarity with the .NET and ASP.NET frameworks, C#, WinForms, WebForms, MVC, SOAP.
· Depth and Breadth of Experience with MS SQL Server.
· Intimacy with SQL Server coding and management.
· Deep Experience with database design and tuning.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Proven decision-making, communication skills, and planning and organizing skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) certification.