Sr. Splunk Systems Engineer
Less than 5 years experience •
The world of investing is fascinating yet complex. While hundreds of first -time investors are turning to the markets to help pay for their homes, send their children to college and secure their futures the mission of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is becoming all the more vital. CSRA is excited to support the SEC in as it seeks to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC’s IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC. Currently, we are seeking a Splunk Enterprise Engineer and Operational Support in Washington, DC. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement, architect, administer Splunk and Splunk Enteprise Security Suite
- Perform data ingestion and data visualization for Splunk and Splunk Enteprise Security Suite
- Provides technical, managerial and administrative direction relative to the problem definition and analysis and
- Recommends alterative solution to higher level client management for further ultimate implementation.
- Build and integrate contextual data into the notable events, and workflow within Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Development of configuration files for Splunk and customized applets (apps)
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS or equivalent + 14 yrs related experience, or MS + 12 yrs related experience5+ years of experience implementing, architecting, administering Splunk and Splunk Enteprise Security Suite
- Must posses the following three certifications:
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Certified Splunk Enterprise Security
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a large enterprise environment defined as:
- Excess of a 1TB of data being managed or
- Excess of 1,000 users in Splunk or Minimum of 10 indexers
- 2 years experience in LINUX
- Minimum of 1 year front end UI Splunk development experience including dashboard, advanced XML, and Splunk application development.
Expertise in SPL query development, data visualization utilizing HTML, XML, CSS and JAVA and Python scripts, -
- Expertise implementing Enterprise Security Suite from beginning to the end while integrating with other security appliances such as Sourcefire, FireEye, Firewalls, Web Proxy, ePO, Tenable, Amazon Web Services, Akamai, iSight (including other publically available threat intelligence communities)
- Ability to leverage REST API for purpose of advanced Splunk administration and Splunk query automation
- Expertise in administering Linux O/S such as Redhat Enterprise
- 3 years or more of administering or implementing Splunk Enteprise and Splunk Enteprise Security Suite in distributed and clustered architecture
- Experience in managing AWS Splunk instances and integration with on prem Splunk Enterprise
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience developing app configurations, upgrading and validating Splunk and various Splunk and 3rd party released app configuration
- Minimum of 1 year Experience centralized automation, for example Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Performed capacity planning for the purpose of both optimizing current storage utilization and project for license and storage requirements
- Ability to code in Perl, Python, and Shell, including expertise in REGEX
- Possesses work experience and solid understanding in Splunk SDK
- Possesses work experience and skills in developing customization of visualization of data via implementing panels, dashboard, data models, custom searches, lookups and custom commands, including ability to incorporate HTML, CSS, Java scripts and XML
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together – figuratively and literally – of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.