The Sr. Specialty Account Manager is responsible for promoting and selling the Accredo’s Specialty Pharmacy services in product lines that have been assigned in the specified territory. Products to include: Immune Globulin and Hereditary Angioedema therapies, calling on Allergy/Immunology and Neurology. They serve as the primary liaison for customer advocacy, and work closely with our internal constituents to ensure our tradition of excellent customer service. The territory for this role includes Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Long Island. The ideal candidate will live proximal to the defined territory.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary sales contact representing Company to physicians’ offices and other territorial referral sources including outpatient infusion suites and independent physician owned infusion suites.
- Collaborates with clinical care teams, reimbursement department and brand teams to provide insight and forward thinking solutions to ensure Accredo’ s competitive advantage.
- Assist National Account Managers in implementing Managed Care Operations (MCO) contracts to drive local pull-through business. Communicates regularly with our Payor teams.
- Develop territory sales forecasts based on completed profile of assigned physician offices. Responsible for tracking referrals from physicians.
- Uses business acumen and advanced knowledge of Accredo products/services and industry trends to meet or exceed established patient admit goals.
- Attend and participate in conferences/exhibits for targeted audiences (i.e. physicians, nurses, etc.).
- Attend case conferences with other representatives of the service branch
- Participate and assist in planning sales meetings.
- Collaborate with manufacturers to grow Advanced Therapies business.
- Immune Globulin/HAE sales experience and/or nursing experiencepreferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- MS Office, as well as overall computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of managed care operations.
- Experience with business plan development.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to self-motivate.