As a member of Santander's retail banking division you'll help serve Santander's retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Sr.Specialist,Testing performshands-onsoftwaretestingandcoordinationfor Web-based application testing.S/hesupportsthetestingofanexistingproductline to integratenewandenhanceexistingfeatures,includingtheintegrationofthird-party consumer and commercialapplications.S/heparticipatesin thesoftwaredevelopmentlife cycle,including UAT and Post Implementation Validation. S/he will workwith a teamofanalystsandengineersto interpretsystemrequirementsanddesignsforalignmentwithsoftwaretestcases and then will performsoftwareandintegrateddevicetestingonprototypeandproductionconfigurations.In addition, the incumbent is responsible for providing leadership, responsibility and management of UAT development. S/he executes with a focus on strategic testing processes and procedures to enable testing activities and ensures that company standards are met; including multi-channel applications, test management, communication, test reporting, test planning, defect and data management.
S/he will collaborate with counterparts in other business units and in each technical area to ensure effective end to end testing is executed for all products. S/he is to ensure the testing strategy and process is in alignment with industry best practices. Staying abreast of all pertinent testing standards and communicates this direction to senior business leadership, engineers and others in the organization.
- Builds web pages, write technical and support documentation.
- Identifies test defects - deviations are tracked to closure.
- Loads test cases to ALM and prepares performance metrics.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of test plans.
- Creates and maintains automation shell scripts.
- Creates test plans, execute regression testing, load testing and prepare performance metrics.
- Execute tests against written requirements.,Identifies test defects - deviations track to closure.
- Implements test and integration environments and help with test to production migration.
- Provides on-call technical support.
- Reviews software requirements modules and creates use cases and test scripts.
- Tests, Integrates and Supports software applications using various technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree; in computer science, software engineering or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years; Experience developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively.
- Ability to evaluate and identify opportunities to improve technology performance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Ability to stay continuously informed on current leading-edge technologies industry trends.
- Background in Software Testing using either automated or manual test scripts.
- Experience executing test scripts and scenarios for various software platforms.
- Expertise in testing web based applications and web services based systems with minimal to no user interface.
- Proficient in writing SQLs to query the backend during the test execution.
- Project management skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization.
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.