The primary purpose and function of the Sr. Specialist, Talent Acquisition is to manage the sourcing, recruitment and selection process for assigned functions/regions, with a focus on priority, leadership, and innovation for ensuring security of top talent for positions at Banfield. This position performs full lifecycle recruiting and provides the highest level of staffing services while guiding clients/ hiring managers and candidates through the selection process.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Organize, lead and communicate effectively regarding the day to day recruitment operations for assigned client groups through the development and execution of full life cycle recruitment plans and strategies, ensuring the candidate, functional leader, team, and recruiter experiences are met.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify functional needs, workforce-planning strategies, ensuring adherence to practice objectives.
- Conduct initial interviews to ensure qualified candidates are referred to managers.
- Perform selection function including pre-screening resumes and candidates, participating as part of interview team, advising hiring managers, driving the offer process, leading and documenting post-interview debriefs and feedback sessions with interview teams, candidates and all levels of leadership.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers' interactions, and other recruiting activities in the applicant tracking system.
- Meet established hiring targets, manage client relationships, and interact with hiring managers to discuss specific requirements.
- Drive facilitation of continuous improvement via measurement tools, scorecards, and recruitment analytics.
- Ensure proper and confidential protection of candidate data, recruiting and hiring practices comply with governmental regulations and company policy and procedure requirements.
- Develop search strategies leveraging a balance of creativity, drive, and political savvy.
- Source active and passive candidates that fit and will further our culture through networking, direct sourcing, and working with external executive search firms (as needed), providing exceptional service delivery by understanding our business landscape, competitive demographics, and employment value proposition to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
- Build networks with strong leadership talent in the marketplace.
- Retain and manage relationships with additional recruiting support, such as sourcers, researchers and search firms.
- Represent Banfield for recruiting purposes at identified networking and industry events, job fairs, conferences, etc., participating in special projects when necessary.
- Lead, coach and mentor recruiters and hiring managers as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/ deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally high due to pets.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or similar discipline required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Six years of full lifecycle in-house corporate recruiting, with three years recruiting for senior level positions and demonstrated success in a high volume recruitment position required.
- Wide degree of creativity, short and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of legally defensible sourcing, networking, qualifying, assessing, interviewing, relationship management, record maintenance and metric management required.
- Expert level experience to perform searches that produce qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using various recruitment sources: cold calls, talent pipelines, networking, Internet recruiting resources, career fairs, internal talent pools, and employee referrals required.
- Experience recruiting for large companies with a multi-unit presence preferred.
- PHR/SPHR and/or AIRS certification preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).