This position requires the ability to understand all levels of space development requirements, to lead multi-disciplined engineering teams in the development of new capabilities, and to manage subcontractors. Experience with Requirements development, Parts, Materials, and Process flow down, and System Verification and Validation is required. The ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline technical background and will work directly with internal technical IPT's developing requirements, implementing designs and working with customers and associated sub-contractors.
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in developing electronics payloads for aerospace & military defense applications.
- Experience in system level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for space-based environments.
- Experience in the development of requirements documentation for space payloads
- Experience with Verification and Validation requirements.
- Experience with high reliability space flight programs and radiation-hardened environments is desired.
- Experience in the development of new technologies for space applications is desired
- Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is desired.
- Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Experience generating requirements using DOORS is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management, customers, and sub-contractors.
- Because of the nature of our work, an existing DoD Security Clearance is required.