Description:Job Title: Senior Specialist, Software Engineering (Top Secret) Job Code: SAS20211310-70858 Job Location: Melbourne, FL Job Description:
This position will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of image processing algorithms and system components for a large data processing system for our Geospatial Integration Solutions business unit. This position will support all phases of the software lifecycle, including refining requirements, software implementation, integration, debugging, and full documentation. This position could also support development tasks within an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment as part of a larger team dedicated to the customer mission. Essential Functions:
- Participate as an active team member across multiple components developing software for the geospatial customers.
- Translate design requirements and workflows into working software.
- Participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Develop new software, adapt old software, and extend an existing software baseline to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks
- Perform unit, integration and system test activities.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related engineering field) and a minimum of 6 years of applicable experience OR Master's and 4 years of experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain SCI
- 4+ years' experience with a variety of software languages (i.e., Python, Java, C++, among others)
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Lead software teams of various sizes and manage development schedules
- Experience with programming in the Linux development environment
- Experience with development in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with multiple development languages: Python, Java, or C++
- Experience with image processing
- Experience using with Atlassian Tools and managing development workflows
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to work with a large development team preferred
- TS/SCI preferred
Expertise Engineering--Software Location USA - FL - Melbourne