- Responsible for successfully leading a project team to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks.
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules.
- Uses Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to manage project performance.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with best practices for project engineering, EVMS, and program execution.
- Experience in complex, multi-discipline programs including but not limited to; optical, mechanical, electrical, systems, software, and thermal engineering with a background in Avionics.
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $10M+.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers.
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities.
- Possession of a Secret Security Clearance.