- The Truck & Rail Logistics Specialist is the liaison between Supply Chain, Customer Care and the freight carriers.
- Make high-level decisions on the use of carriers, resolves escalated performance issues, and executes any new procurement plans.
- Have a broad insight into truck and rail transportation modes and use that knowledge to bring value and opportunities to Celanese.
- Collaborate closely with the Supply Chain Managers and Customer Care to maintain alignment and taking into account the regional/local needs and from a corporate perspective as well as the business needs/strategies.
- Key Activities:
- Negotiate contracts with logistics suppliers for all modes and facilities in accordance with Global Compliance Policy & Logistics Procurement guiding principles.
- Analyze logistical problems within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures and to develop alternatives or new solutions.
- Track freight rate agreements against market conditions.
- Set performance metrics and track performances to continually improve and ensure reliable and safe handling of CE products at the facilities.
- Define, justify and source logistics infrastructure, evaluate and develop suppliers.
- Analyze proposals for capital expenditures for acquisition or leasing of new equipment, services or property.
- Work with suppliers within the various modes of transport services to develop and deliver y-o-y cost savings projects.
- Coordinate, consolidate, monitor and report on freight spend monitor; analyze expenditures and other financial information, to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Analyze and develop plans to improve freight cost and budgets.
- Consolidate, prepare and circulate commentaries and set-up a communications channel on the freight transportation market such as cost trends, routes, fleet / capacity.
- Facilitate regular Rail Council meetings to identify key macro trends in the rail industry, assessing and addressing safety and business risk related to rail movements for all North America sites and addressing major infrastructure issues
- Develop strategic plans & monitor performance metrics.
- Planning and Organizing: the incumbent should possess excellent planning and organizing skills to accomplish specific goals and/or tasks.
- Initiative: the incumbent should be proactive in looking for ways to improve existing processes/tasks to create a more effective working environment within the truck and rail environment.
- Leadership: the incumbent should possess good interpersonal skills when dealing with internal and external partners. He/she is expected to manage carriers for operational issues to ensure that their service level is of acceptable standards and quality.
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying the understanding of key financial indicators to make better contractual decisions.
- Teamwork: Cultivate and maintain partnerships across functions; excellent relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
- Planning and Organizing: analytical, planning and organizing skills.
- Tech Savvy: Ability to navigate the technical needs of SAP, TMS, WMS & other technical transportation solutions.
- Resourcefulness: Good judgment and decision-making skills, with limited supervision.
- Cultivate innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Required Years of Experience
- Min. 7 years’ work experience in a similar environment or capacity.
- Possess 4-year Logistics, Engineering or other Business-related degree required.