The Sr. Specialist will work in the IT SCADA group to perform SCADA system support and maintenance for a pipeline SCADA system
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- System Configuration and Administration.
- Databases and Graphical Displays for Control Center Operations
- System interfaces, business data processes, and reporting.
- Work with the Engineering Department, CRM and Control Center on projects to determine points that need to be brought back into the SCADA system when performing SCADA integration of remote field sites.
- Participate in detailed CAT and lineouts testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Network group to configure and test communications from the SCADA System to remote PLC’s and Flow Computers.
- Work with field technicians in a real-time environment to troubleshoot data problems and communication problems between the remote PLC site and SCADA.
- Work with the pipeline controllers to make sure the SCADA application is always providing them the ability to operate the pipeline safely.
- Provide 24x7 support to the Control Center on a rotational basis
- Document changes, obtain required approvals, and submit changes
- Other duties as required
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 or more years of experience with SCADA systems.
- CygNet SCADA experience is a plus but other Automation, EFM Collection or SCADA Systems experience will be considered.
- Refined Products, Gas, and/or Liquids pipeline experience preferred with a working knowledge of measurement technologies, process control automation, device protocols, networking, and telecommunications.
- Strong problem solving, technical, and functional skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Adhere to good programming practics and strict testing standards
- Experience working with the Windows operating system and server administration.
- Must be able to follow controlled procedures, adhere to database and display standards and change management procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Independently prioritize work to handle multiple concurrent projects to achieve results.
- Must be able to take direction, work well in a team environment, and interact with all levels of management, engineering, systems, operations and field personnel
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
- A working knowledge of real-time systems, particularly SCADA systems or PLCs is preferred.
- An individual with software development experience, preferably in the .Net environment, and experience working with SQL Server, T-SQL, Visual Basic, PowerShell, Viscual C++, and Visual Source Safe is highly desirable.
- A basic understanding of pipeline hydraulics, with attention to leak detection and product batch tracking.
- A basic understanding of RTU communication protocols and TCP/ IP communications.
- CygNet SCADA application with remote site integration experience.
- Familiarity with PHMSA Control Room Management (CRM) processes and guidelines.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Usually, normal office working conditions.
2. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
3. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
4. Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings which may include hazardous materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.